11.01.2009

Things I am Thankful For

I can't believe it, but November is already here! I've spent some quiet time this week reflecting on the things that I am thankful for, in preparation for the big Thanksgiving feasts coming up! I will be doing a weekly post of new things I am thankful for and really hope ya'll will join me and leave comments for things you are thankful for, or links to your blog where you have posted something similar! So, since I will be doing this weekly through November, this is by no means a comprehensive list, but just things that have come to me as I write or through my quiet thoughts this week!

  1. My extremely supportive family and friends. I am lucky enough to have a very supportive group of loved ones who are there for me every step of the way. Not only are they behind me through the exciting, happy, and joyful times, but they are also there for me during the frustrating, sad, and annoying times!
  2. Sunny, warm Fall days. In Virginia, we are lucky enough to have warm, sunny days well into the holiday season, on occasion. It's so uplifting to feel the excitement of Fall and the holiday season, but to still have the warm Spring air.
  3. Target. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a Target nearby at all times. When I need something and don't know where to get it, Target is my shop of choice. I have bought everything from the obvious toiletries, groceries, and electronics to party outfits, home decor, and shoes!
  4. Laughter. One of my most favorite things in the world to do is to laugh. And I'm not talking the little chuckle you do when you don't want someone to feel bad, I am talking a huge side-splitting laugh that puts you in a great mood for the rest of the day. I constantly surround myself with individuals who make me laugh this way on a daily basis.
  5. Chocolate chip cookies from Ukrop's. For those of you who do not know what Ukrop's is, I urge you to make a trip to Richmond just for that experience! I have been completely obsessed with their homemade chocolate chip cookies lately.
  6. Pantene Pro-V Clarifying Shampoo. I have yet to find a shampoo that cleans my hair as good as this shampoo does! I love it!
  7. Project Runway. For those of you who know me well, you know I never watch television. Ever. But I must catch Project Runway every single week. I get so excited on Thursday afternoons when I remember I get to watch PR that evening.
  8. Coming home to a package. Whether it be new supplies or something I ordered from a fellow seller, it is so exciting to come home and open a package at the end of a busy day!
  9. Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks. I am a huge Starbucks addict. I go more often than I should. October 1 is always a treat each year because they begin selling their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. The first sip is glorious - like taking a sip of Fall. If you aren't a coffee drinker, you probably don't understand...
  10. Completely finalized and packaged orders. It's such a proud moment to see my creations through the process, but even better is to see them completed and packaged. It brings a sense of accomplishment that all you handcrafters out there probably share with me!
While I could go on and on, I am going to leave you with those. Now, your turn. What are you thankful for?

7 comments:

  1. What a great list! I am thankful for many of the same things :)
    Today I am thankful for a warm day to get siding on my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is a very good list. I am thankful for meeting such a wonderful and delightful person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely captured a few that would be on my list as well.

    Today I am thankful for my dogs for their unconditional love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post .. and I agree with most of the above list for my thanks as well! In addition I agree with Jennuine my dogs are the love sof my life .. well and my hubby ;) I am also thankful for my Sassy Sisters and all of the support they have shown over the last year and beyond! I am thankful that I am not suffering from any life threatening illness, I am thankful that I was able to escape the stress in COS and come to Breckenridge last night .. though its cold it is Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great post! I really enjoyed reading it and I love your choices of the things you are thankful for. The things that top my list are: my wonderful, loving husband, living near my son and his family (I love them all so much), my cute and cuddly cats, and all the wonderful friends I have made online and off. Those are just a few. **big smiles**

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful thing to do. I know I'm thankful for you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda -- What a wonderful idea and I love your list of things you're thankful for :) I'm thankful for a number of the same things on your list (namely my friends and family, project runway (would love to know who your favorite is), target and laughter...) And I can't forget that I'm obsessed with Pumpkin Spice lattes as well. The first time I saw them back in Starbucks this year, I was over the moon, haha. I might have to keep a list of things that I'm thankful for in my blog, as I think it can be easy to lose sight of those things when things are crazy.

    Today, I'm thankful for having a husband to come home to at the end of the day that reminds me of what life is all about and brings laughter and smiles into my day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin