I've been keeping it a secret that I wanted to participate in Project 365 this year. Mainly because I didn't want to set my goals so high that I couldn't reach them - and I knew this one would be hard for me to remember. Well, I did start, and it has been a great experience for my first week. It has certainly made me appreciate the small, joyful things I sometimes take for granted in my day-to-day surroundings. Each photo also has a short story of why I chose to take the photo, so I will sum up each story below as well. I really enjoy the moments of *bliss* each photo brought me as I realized I had a great photo op on my hands. I am excited to see my photography skills develop throughout 2010, and to start enjoying those small moments of loveliness as I find beautiful opportunities to photograph! I'm choosing to post a collage of my photos once a week rather than once a day. Mainly because I enjoy collages. Also because it works better with my schedule. So I am calling mine Project 365: The Rebel's Way. This week's collage is a conglomeration of 9 photos rather than 7 since I didn't start my posting last week.
- The simplest, most blissful part of my day. Coffee and email catch-up. How lovely!
- A little bit of summer & spice in the middle of winter.
- Vintage books and seashells I am just waiting for inspiration from. I know it's coming.
- A few lovely books I love to browse, along with my stack of current notebooks I can't live without.
- I was inspired by the contrast of lush patent red leather with the white door in the sun.
- My very first experience in a store devoted to guitars. I don't play, but I wanted this.
- I was really inspired by the bright orange against the dark wooden bowl.
- My brand new colors of the moment in envelopes and ribbon.
- The dead of winter.