Isn't it fun how January automatically brings along with it a sense of renewal and energy? It's almost as if the universe is allowing us to start fresh, and be the best person we can possibly be. I, for one, actually enjoy getting back into the routine of daily living. The holidays are a nice time of family, food, and relaxation, but I end up craving the day-to-day activities. I am certainly a Routine Girl at heart.
The past few years I have sort of boycotted "New Year's Resolutions." To me, they seemed like a waste. The novelty of the resolutions fade after only a couple of weeks. This year, though, I have found a way to continue my resolutions throughout the entire year. Well, let's call them goals, not resolutions. I have decided to set the bar fairly high for my New Year's Goals. I accomplished more than I thought possible in 2009, and would like to look back next year at this time, in even more awe than I am of my reflections on 2009. Isn't it amazing what the human mind and body can accomplish when our heart is in it? That being said, this year's goals will be things I am passionate about and things I can quantify. I will also be checking in with you folks right back here on a weekly basis to discuss my progress including accomplishments, failures, and outside influences. While the ultimate challenge is to achieve each and every goal successfully, I have set them up so that if I "slip" I can get right back on track.
Let's make 2010 the best year yet! And without further ado, here are my 25 Goals for 2010:
- List 5 new items a week in my Etsy shop.
- Remain 1 month ahead of the season with my products.
- Have my website up and running by March 31, 2010.
- Blog 3 times weekly.
- Meet my sales goal at this year's National Stationery Show. (Note: This number is quantifiable, yet private).
- Read 1 book for fun every other month.
- Engage in some sort of physical activity 3 times per week. (Note: I did not say gym here, because I don't want to confine myself only to doing a workout at the gym).
- Treat myself once per month. (This could include a pedicure, massage, quiet time in the park, etc.)
- Participate in 4 local craft shows.
- Begin selling my products in 2 new stores.
- Put my sketchbook or notebook to use once per week.
- Enjoy the clutter of a loving home once per week. (This is big for me - I am a neat freak, and get discouraged by a "mess." I'd like to learn to let go of worrying about having an extra shirt or cup out all the time).
- Allow myself time to paint once every other month.
- Try a new recipe 2 times a month.
- Spend some quality (I mean, QUALITY. You pet lovers know what I am talking about!) playtime with the pups for 30 minutes a day.
- Photograph my life and surroundings 4 times per month.
- Put the computer out of sight one evening (4 hours) a week.
- Have a girls night once per month.
- Finalize and publish one children's book I've been working on.
- Replace one cup of coffee with a glass of water daily.
- Reach 100 Etsy sales by my 1 year anniversary (March 15).
- Reach 200 Etsy sales by December 31, 2010.
- Write 1 heartfelt article per month.
- Do something to make someone say "thank you" every day.
- Participate in 2 charitable events.
Now it's your turn...what are your big goals you'd like to accomplish this year? Feel free to list as many as you'd like - I love getting inspired by other people's ambitions and goals!
I hope the first weekend of 2010 is treating you well, and I look forward to sharing this next year with all of you!